Numbers don’t lie when choosing which platform to use for your new website
WordPress is, by far, the most popular open source Content Management System (CMS), used by approximately 75 million websites. WordPress is free to install, deploy and upgrade. Thousands of plugins and templates power a flexible and simple interface, which reduces development costs and deployment time.
Here are five good reasons to seek a WordPress platform for your next website:
- The most popular CMS in the world
WordPress holds the largest CMS market share by far, and currently accounts for over a quarter of all websites. As a result, many users are already familiar with the WordPress CMS, requiring less staff training when building a new site.
- Open Source with room for expansion
WordPress can be self-hosted, so there are no costs associated with downloading, installing and upgrading (although many of our clients appreciate the security of us handling hosting and upgrading/updating responsibilities).
- Highly customizable for great flexibility
WordPress is popular because it meets the demands of many users with its flexible framework, which allows designers and developers to create and modify layouts and applications.
- Designed for anyone, not just developers
Before WordPress became a popular CMS for website development, it was developed for non-tech savvy bloggers. So, most of the user-interface components are easy to use, and there are written and recorded manuals available for easily learning how to use WordPress functions. Direct Design handles all the complexities of setting up and customizing your website; all you need to do is update the content on pages, posts and widgets…or leave that to us.
- Lower setup and maintenance costs
According to industry experts, WordPress incurs fewer setup, customization, and maintenance costs in comparison to other Open Source CMS like Drupal and Joomla. It is also easier to find resources for customization and development if necessary. This eliminates the possibility of being inconvenienced by a static website or proprietary CMS that is costly to edit after initial development.
The Numbers Tell The Story – Things You Should Consider About WordPress
- WordPress powers nearly 27% of all websites according to o W3Tech’s web technology survey.
- WordPress dominates 76.4% of the CMS Market according to Wappalyzer.
- WordPress is a multi-billion dollar economy that allows hundreds of companies and thousands of professionals from all over the world the ability to sell WordPress based products, services and solutions.
- WordPress plugin downloads crossed 1.48 billion total downloads in 2016.
- WordPress powers thousands of government websites in all parts of the world.
- WordPress is used by thousands of universities, colleges, and schools all over the world.
- There are currently more than 50,000 WordPress plugins available for download.
- WordPress is fully translated into 68 languages and is partially translated into dozens more.
- WordPress has built-in multisite features which are hidden by default. It allows for the creation of a network of websites using the same WordPress installation.
Talk to us about putting WordPress to work for your customer experience. Contact us today to learn more.